Wednesday, June 16, 2010

HTC Incredible

I got a HTC Incredible about a month ago.  Right away some of the issues that I had with the Droid are taken care of.  In case you don't remember here are some of problems I posted about;

So, it looks like HTC read my blog.  I'm flattered, but I can't take credit for all of it.  They came up with some other improvement like:

  • Flash. No not the comic book kind. Flash video.  Try that on your iphone.
  • Multiple home screens.  I think this is also part of the Nexus one, but it's an improvement over the Droid.
  • The nifty clock thing.  OK I know it's an app, but I kind of like it.  When you first open the phone it plays an animation to represent the current weather.
  • The camera is an 8 megapixel which is nice.
If you are still reading my blog, HTC, I like what you are doing.  Here are the things that I would improve.
  • I would make the dual camera set up with the forward facing camera like you have on the EVO standard.
  • I would look at increasing the battery size.  I've seen the battery and I believe that doubling the size would be worth it for me if it doubled the the time.  
    • I've felt the heat coming off the phone when it's running the gps so I realize that this may be more of a heat
  • As long as I'm looking at stuff I would look into solar paint.  If it's sturdy enough I could imagine painting this stuff on the outside of the phone and/or the outside of a belt clip phone case to charge the phone all the time.
If you are in the market for a phone you have to consider coverage area (not to mention price).  If Sprint's coverage area is suitable for your needs I would go with the EVO (which looks like the Incredible with a front facing camera).  Otherwise I would go with the Incredible over the Droid.  


No comments:

Post a Comment