Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Droid battery



I'm tempted to create a new blog and name it "Mike's Gripes". Keep in mind what I said at the beginning about how I liked the phone in general. There are plenty of good things about the phone that the marketing departments of Verison and Morotola should be letting you know about. I feel that since they are already bringing you all the good stuff it is more valuable to hear the things that they wont be telling you.

For instance, the battery is not as good as I would like. Seems like all that neat stuff that it does takes power. I opened the battery cover on my phone (don't do this with yours) and took the battery out to get an idea of the size and weight of the battery. The weight is barely noticable, and it's fairly thin. It's thin and light enough that doubling the size would not cause me any grief.


Above I mentioned that you shouldn't open your battery door. The problem that I have come accross with it is that it comes off more easily than I want. I hesitated bringing this up because I realize that there's a balance between comming off at a slight breeze and needing a cutting torch to change the battery. What I want is to be able to get the battery cover to open when I want to while not having it fall off the phone as a result of getting out of the car (which happened last night). The cynical side of me wonders if this is not a feature designed to sell after market replacement battery covers. I tend to doubt this though since you can prevent the cover from coming off by putting some duck tape on the cover right over the Motorola, Google and Verizon logos. While you have the duck tape out you can go ahead and make a case for the phone (I'm never buying a cell phone case again). 

1 comment: