Saturday, December 5, 2009

Droid

At the risk of seeming like a grouch I'll go on about what I don't like about the Droid.  The swipe to answer thing is neat to look at.  There are a couple of problems with it though.  First of all it takes some getting used to.  My wife who also has one has swiped the wrong way several times.  This turns the sound off so that the next call does not ring.  


This isn't a big problem.  This is just something to get used to.  The problem comes when you are driving.  I don't have a Bluetooth hands free set up in my car.  That means that answering the phone requires me to swipe the phone and then somehow put it on speaker while not crashing.  


The reason this bothers me is that it would be easy to fix.  The phone has a gps.  It wouldn't be that hard for a piece of software to look at the current speed and change this behavior if say the speed was greater than ten miles per hour.  Then you could give the user two big buttons and send the call to speaker if the user decides to answer.    This wouldn't be that bothersome for a passenger and it might just prevent an accident.



           
  

No comments:

Post a Comment